How to start a blog that will make money is an interesting question. If you've been online long enough, there is a good chance you have been posed with this question more than once. The answer isn't always straightforward, but once you find the answer you're looking for, it all begins to make sense. There are several ways to get your blog started and a handful of ways to make money through it. This article will discuss each of the ways and how to start a blog that will make money.
How To Start A Blog
Follow the steps below to learn how to start a blog easily:
- Step One on how to start a blog: Choose a blogging platform. If you don't already own a domain name or hosting account, that's the first thing you need to do. I would strongly encourage that you go with WordPress as the blogging platform of choice, especially if you plan on monetizing your blog later. Bluehost is another solid option, but it doesn't yet have WordPress capabilities built-in. If you have a lot of technical skills and a lot of cash/blogging capital, WordPress may be your best option.
- Step Two on how to start a blog: Select a niche. If you don't already have a blog theme, it is highly recommended that you go with one so that you will have something to present to your readers once you have everything set up. If your readers will be coming to your blog for the first time, I would highly recommend that you build a community for your blog right from the get-go. Bluehost offers a community space for bloggers which can be used for this very reason.
- Step Three on how to start a blog: Install WordPress and plug-in extensions. The easiest way to install WordPress and plugins is through the free blogger website builder. Once you have a free blog platform, you will be able to easily install most plugins by simply clicking on "extensions" in the left-hand navigation panel and then scrolling down to "plugins".
- Step four how to start a blog: Create a domain name. This step is pretty self-explanatory. There are two ways you can go about setting up a domain name: Go through the usual steps (i.e. buy a hosting package, create your own domain name and install WordPress) or use a domain name generator. (The website building tool at the top of the page will show you how to use a domain name generator.)
- Step five on how to start a blog: Pick a blog theme. WordPress comes with hundreds of different blog themes so it is not necessary to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a new blog theme. You do need to pick a theme though because it will determine what type of content you will be publishing and how the blog will look. So I always recommend picking up a basic blog theme. Once you have picked a blog theme, click on "Add plugins" at the bottom of the screen to find two key blogging plugins that will make publishing your blog easy.
- Step six on how to start a blog: Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own. Most of the WordPress themes that are available for purchase come already decorated with widgets and themes that make setting up your blog easy. The only thing left for you to do is select which widgets and themes you like best and then click the Download button to download them. Once you have downloaded your chosen theme, you will be ready to set up your blog.
Register a domain name. If you did everything right, your domain name should already be listed. If it is not, then don't panic. Your domain name is essentially how people will find your blog and what web browser will view it, so it is very important. Once you have registered your domain name, you will be ready to actually begin blogging.
I hope this article on how to start a blog helped you! Wish you luck!